Mural Design Competition 2024
Making Tampines Zero-Waste: Zero In On Waste with the 4Rs
The Tampines Town Council has implemented various projects to reduce waste. It manages the Sustainability @ Tampines Park that uses Black Soldier Fly to process food waste contributed by residents. The food waste digester in Tampines West N8 was set up in 2022. To date it has processed more than 130,000 kg of food waste from the merchants in the area. The horticultural team gathers by-products of trees for mulching to produce compost for our soil. To make recycling accessible to residents, Tampines has recycling bins for e-waste, paper and textiles in its neighbourhoods.
Are you ready to practise the 4Rs so that Tampines can be a zero-waste town someday?
What are the 4Rs? They are:
- REFUSE what you don’t need. Say no to single-use items.
- REDUCE what you do need and wastage. Choose products with less packaging
- REUSE anything you can. Get items that can be used more than once
- RECYCLE what you cannot refuse, reduce or reuse. Remember recyclables should be empty, clean and dry.
Do more than just the 4Rs! Design a mural artwork that will be painted onto the walls of the four void decks that have upcycled MRT seats.
How to take part:
- Theme: Making Tampines Zero-Waste: Zero In On Waste with the 4Rs
- Format: A3 Landscape Orientation
(Artwork must be applicable on an estimated 5ft x 5ft wall panel)
- Submit: Scan your artwork and save in 300 dpi, .jpg, jpeg or png. Submit a digital copy of the artwork via the online form HERE
- The drawing must reflect the given theme -
Making Tampines Zero-Waste: Zero In On Waste with the 4Rs.
- It must feature residents practising the 4Rs and include one or more recycling project(s) in Tampines.
- Bonus points for submissions that feature familiar Tampines landmarks or features.
- Drawing designs must be suitable for painting a wall mural
* NOTE: You will only be contacted if your submission is shortlisted. Physical copies of shortlisted entries should be submitted for further evaluation.
Closing Date: 9 Feb 2024
Prizes for Each Category:
(7yrs old - 16yrs old)
High Sch and Tertiary Education
(17yrs old – 20 yrs old)
(21 yrs old and above)
1st Prize: $300 Shopping Vouchers
1st Prize: $400 Shopping Vouchers
1st Prize: $500 Shopping Vouchers
2nd Prize: $200 Shopping Vouchers
2nd Prize: $300 Shopping Vouchers
2nd Prize: $400 Shopping Vouchers
3rd Prize: $100 Shopping Vouchers
3rd Prize: $200 Shopping Vouchers
3rd Prize: $300 Shopping Vouchers
Our judges will pick four winning entries to be used as mural designs for the walls in the void decks.
Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be submitted by 2359 on 9 Feb 2024.
- The competition is open to all (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners) and participation is free.
- Participants should be at least 7 years old.
- Participants under the age of 18 years old as at 5 Jan 2024 must obtain consent of parents or legal guardians and by participating in this Contest, it is deemed that consent has been obtained.
- All submitted artwork must be original work. Participant must also own the copyright of the drawing. No fanart or art based on existing comic books.
- Submitted artwork and caption must be relevant to the theme, Making Tampines Zero-Waste: Zero In On Waste with the 4Rs.
- Artwork must be landscape on A3 size (29.7cm (height) X 42cm(width) or 3508px (height) X 4960px (width),
- For schools and group submissions (more than 20 submissions), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- Each participant can submit only one (1) entry.
- The artwork is first submitted online via the online form. Tampines Town Council will then request for the physical copy of the artwork if the entry is shortlisted. The original artwork copy will be kept the organiser.
- Participants are to ensure that the scanned artwork is clear and of high-resolution (at least 300 dpi) and not more than 20MBs. Submit only image format (png, jpeg, or jpg).
- The artwork should not contain any obscene, incendiary, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- There is no restriction on the form of medium used. Some examples are colour pencils, crayons, watercolours, oil paints, etc. Your illustration must be in full colour
- You can also submit digital art (2D). The artwork must not be watermarked by any external source, cannot have any company logos, trademarks or otherwise display copyrighted content which does not belong to the Participant.
- Any form of plagiarism or use of copyrighted content or artwork will not be accepted. Entries which have won prizes in other drawing competition, or have been previously used or are intended to be used for any kind of commercial purposes, will not be accepted as well. Participants will indemnify Tampines Town Council against any claims on infringement of copyright relating to their entries.
- No re-using of art – your art must be new and made specifically for this contest
- By participating in this competition, the participant warrants that he/she has not obtained the artwork via any unethical means.
- Tampines Town Council reserves the right to exclude or disqualify any entries that do not meet the requirement.
- Winners may be interviewed by Tampines Town Council. All winners consent to public disclosure of their names and results of the competition.
- All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges and all decisions are final. No correspondences or appeals will be entertained.
- The participant shall grant Tampines Town Council and its associates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable right to use, reproduce, publish, publicly display, print, edit or distribute his/her artwork in any media format and any media channels as deemed fit by the Town Council.
- Tampines Town Council reserves the right to make any changes to the Terms and Conditions set out herein and any other arrangements concerning the competition.
- You have read through the PDPA policy (bit.ly/3wyEYxb) and agree to the terms.
- By providing my contact details, I consent to receive the latest Town updates from Tampines Town Council.
Back to TEMPO