Discovering #Hidden Gem Parks in Tampines!
Photo Competition Period: 14 June to 13 August 2021
Tampines is surrounded by more than 20 parks and gardens, and this competition challenges you to take the path less-trodden to discover the hidden gem parks and gardens in Tampines!
To enter the competition, take photographs of the parks/gardens listed below. Together, let’s discover #HiddenGemParksinTampines #OurTampinesinaGarden.
We have more than $2,700 worth of vouchers and photo printers to give away!
Apart from the top 3 winning entries, we will be giving out 5 consolation prizes ($20 vouchers each) for Open Category (Nature), Open Category (People in Park or Garden), and Junior Category.
Submit your photo entries and tell us in 50 words or less a little-known fact or feature of the park or garden that makes it a hidden gem.
How to take part
- Shoot: Take a photo of the park/garden with the theme in mind. It must be clear that your photo was taken at one of the parks or gardens listed above (e.g., a close-up shot of a flower may not be suitable).
- Share: Tell us in 50 words or less a little-known fact or feature of the park or garden that makes it a hidden gem.
- Submit: Send us your hi-res photos (in jpeg or png) with the write-up via this online form (https://bit.ly/3zfVoM3) by 13 August 2021, 2359 HRS.
Winners will be notified via email, and the results will be announced on Tampines Town Council's official website, Facebook, Instagram and digital display panels.
- Originality & Creativity: 20%
- Photography Skills: 35%
- Key Message & Relevance to the Theme: 45%
Terms and Conditions
- All entries to be submitted by 2359hrs on 13 August 2021.
- The competition is open to all (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners) and participation is free.
- Participants should be at least 12 years old. Participants under the age of 18 years old as of 14 June 2021 must obtain the consent of parents or legal guardians and by participating in this Contest, it is deemed that consent has been obtained.
- Photograph entries submitted must be the Participant’s original work and must own the copyright of the entry.
- Photograph entries must be taken in Tampines parks and gardens as listed.
- Permission of the human subject must be sought before taking his or her photographs - especially children and vulnerable adults.
- Photo entry with a close-up shot of object/person etc, that cannot be associated with the park and garden in Tampines will be disqualified.
- Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photographs is not allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, conversion of colour images to black and white are allowed.
- For schools and group submissions (more than 20 submissions), please email us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
- Each Participant is allowed to submit a maximum of 2 photographs per category (People and Nature).
- Each photograph entry must be submitted digitally in JPEG format and be no larger than 5MB in size. The longest side of the photograph must be at least 2000 pixels in JPEG format. All photographs must be in landscape format.
- The photo should not contain any obscene, incendiary, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Any form of plagiarism or use of copyrighted content will not be accepted. Entries which have won prizes in other photo competition, or have been previously used or are intended to be used for any kind of commercial purposes, will not be accepted as well. Participants will indemnify Tampines Town Council against any claims on infringement of copyright relating to their entries.
- By participating in this competition, the Participant warrants that he/she has not obtained the photos via any unethical means.
- Tampines Town Council reserves the sole and absolute discretion to exclude or disqualify any entries that do not meet the requirement.
- Winners may be interviewed by Tampines Town Council. All winners consent to public disclosure of their names and results of the competition.
- All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges and all decisions are final. No correspondences or appeals will be entertained.
- The Participant shall grant Tampines Town Council and its associates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable right to use, reproduce, publish, publicly display, print, edit or distribute his/her photos in any media format and any media channels as deemed fit by the Town Council.
- Tampines Town Council reserves the right to make any changes to the Terms and Conditions set out herein and any other arrangements concerning the competition.
Back to TEMPO